Estes Park Middle School offers 10 athletic options for students in grades 6-8 during the school year. The Estes Park School District Athletics Program exists to enhance and elevate the district vision to provide: Excellent Educational Experiences for Every Student, Every Day.
Good Sportsmanship is the attitude and behavior that exemplifies positive support for the interscholastic athletic program, as well as for the individuals who participate in the program. EPSD Athletic Programs participants at all levels are expected to demonstrate qualities that are characterized by fair play, integrity, ethical behavior and respect. Emphasizing and improving the sportsmanship of our student-athletes, coaches, parents and staff is one of our highest priorities. Each coach, student, parent, and staff member has a role and responsibility to model and teach good sportsmanship while keeping in mind that athletic participation is a learning experience for the student and the programs are an extension of the educational system offered within our school district.
- Display pride and respect in your programs at all times.
- Maintain enthusiasm and composure.
- Positively support and respect the participants, coaches, and officials.
- Exercise good judgment in cheering for outstanding performance, not against opponents or to ridicule an error made by those on the field.
- Follow the cheerleaders in positive cheers to show support for the participants.
- Respect decisions made by contest officials.
- Understand that a ticket represents a privilege to observe and positively support amateur athletes.
- Encourage surrounding fans to display only positive sportsmanlike conduct.
- Show respect and concern for an injured player, regardless of team.